(Test Code 8004)
Specialised genomic testing can provide a glimpse into ones potential health future. Genetic testing enables one to minimise the risk by:
• Identifying hidden gene mutations that may promote chronic disease.
• Preventing disease through early intervention.
• Modifying gene expression through more precise, targeted, individualised interventions.
• Identifying key areas for follow-up testing.
• Monitoring therapeutic effectiveness of intervention strategies with laboratory testing.
Whether or not you choose to see genes, they are always there and will continue to play an important role in one’s health. With genomic testing, by choosing to look at them, you have the opportunity to influence the ultimate outcome and more actively promote a healthy life.
The EstroGenomic Profile uses genomic testing to identify susceptibility to diseases and conditions such as breast cancer, osteoporosis, and heart disease. More specifically, the EstroGenomic Profile evaluates genetic variations, called single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in genes that modulate estrogen metabolism, coagulation, cardiovascular function, bone health, and inflammation.
• Breast cancer
• Heart disease
NOTICE TO PATIENTS
WellLab practices in the usual practitioner-referral system for pathology laboratories. Patients are highly recommended to seek the supervision and guidance of a qualified healthcare practitioner for the interpretation of any lab results and associated information. WellLab can offer assistance in locating a suitable practitioner.